China-born photographer Sha Ying moved to Singapore in the early 90s, after living in Tokyo and Hong Kong. Curious about his new home, he wandered the streets after work, using photography to try to know the place better. While fascinated by Singapore’s multicultural society, Sha Ying was also particularly drawn to Chinatown. Now a Singapore Citizen, this is his first monograph.
– 176 pages
– 260mm x 260mm(closed); 520mm x 260mm(open)
– 94 black & white images
– limited edition of 500 copies
– all individually signed and numbered
– hard cover
– introduction by 林仁余 Lim Jen Erh
– interview with Sha Ying by Tay Kay Chin
– ISBN to come
– book to be released May 2019, along with an exhibition
– limited edition prints available
About the print:
– Paper size: 17″ x 22″
– Image size: 13.7″ x 20.5″
– Each print is carefully made with the HP DesignJet Z9+ Printer, using original HP inks.
– The paper for this edition is Velin Museum Rag 315gsm.
– Signed with title, edition number, and year, with ink, recto and verso.